Georgia Parent Support Network is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a Parent Certified Peer Specialist-Parent (CPS-P) training on August 13, 19-20, and 26-27, 2021 from 8:00 am - 4 pm with breaks provided. This training will be a 5-day training and will require a full commitment. This training will be offered virtually on Zoom.
There are a few open slots available for this class. If you are interested, please submit your application and letter of reference to email@example.com by August 4 so that we can extend the offer to others who may be interested if you are unable to commit to these dates.
If you are unable to commit to the August training, the next CPS-P training dates are as follows: September 3, 9-10, and 16-17. Please designate on the application email as to which class you are applying for. Thank you.
Parent Certified Peer Specialist (CPS-P) – Is the parent or legal guardian (in a permanent relationship for at least 3 years) of a child who is living with a mental health, substance use or a co-occurring diagnosis who provides support to other parents who are raising a child with similar behavioral health conditions.
Candidates must be the parent or legal guardian of a child living with mental illness, substance use and/or co-occurring diagnosis; and must
1. Be currently employed doing Peer Parent Support; or
2. Be currently employed in the public sector Behavioral Health system as a paraprofessional and have the desire to distinguish themselves as a Parent CPS-P; or
3. Have related experience serving youth and families through participation in community volunteering, support groups, family organizations and/or advocacy.
4. Priority will be given to those who are currently providing peer support services and those who intend to work in that role.
5. Be able to commit to a 5-day training.
Priority will be given to those who are currently providing parent peer support services and need this credential to maintain employment within the system.
Please find the application along with eligibility requirements outlined in the announcement below. Applications along with documentation must be submitted by Wednesday, August 4th , 2021.
Click here for the CPS Training Invitation Letter with Application Information: a0033cc1-c88a-4c3d-a54b-1829fc5ecd5b.pdf (constantcontact.com)